Muine UVF exception request

Brandon Hale brandon at smarterits.com
Fri Jan 20 12:55:07 GMT 2006

I am requesting a UVF exception for Muine 0.8.4pre1, a feature
complete pre release.  I will request again for the subsequent bugfix
release if nessecary.  (Getting features in ASAP seems like a good
idea. I pushed to have this tarball before UVF, but it wasnt in the
cards.)

My write-up of changes, mostly my comments inline with NEWS and
ChangeLog follows.
Attached are a diff of ChangeLog and a full diffstat.

There is not a real ton of new features here, mainly some new methods
of fetching album art, which is completely unusable in the Dapper
version due to tightened Amazon web service restrictions, and a fixed
inotify plugin. Lots of small fixes.

Upstream changes:

- Use musicbrainz + amazon for first album fetching attempts [Yi Qiang, Peter
  Johanson]
- If musicbrainz fails, use old amazon API, but now with Amazon devtag found in
  GConf (needed for amazon API starting last year) [Martin Willis]

* Album art fetching is totally broken at the moment. These give users
at least some options.

- Add plugin API for adding, removing, and syncing files [James Willcox, Jorn
  Baayen]
- Inotify plugin (installed by default) [James Willcox]

* Previously added to the package, but removed due to brokeness
against inotify-latest.

- New "iPod style" play/pause button [Jorn Baayen]

* Gnome Bug #304969 from our own Corey Burger

- Various bugfixes [James WIllcox, Eric Lesh, Götz Waschk, Jorn Baayen, Peter
  Johanson]
- Various docs/autotools updates [Peter Johanson]

This release clears out debian/patches:
Fixed 02_egg-sharp.patch
Fixed PlayList.cs.patch

2006-01-16  Peter Johanson <peter at peterjohanson.com>

    A plugins/TrayIcon.dll.config:
    * plugins/Makefile.am:
    * src/muine.exe.config.in: Fix mapping of new musicbrainz stuff, and
    add mapping for TrayIcon plugin. Patch from Götz Waschk
    <goetz.waschk at gmail.com>.

Fix dllmaps

2006-01-19  Peter Johanson <peter at peterjohanson.com>

    * src/PlaylistWindow.cs: Change SongChanged private method to accept a
    'fire_event' boolean for whether to fire the SongChanged event or not.
    Add an overload that sets fire_event=true, as this is the common case.
    Make use of this overload to *not* fire a SongChanged from
    OnSongChanged when we really just want to update the song info in the
    GUI. Fixes the 'duplicate SongChanged event before last tick' bug.
    *phew*.

Fix bug with SongChanged events breaking some plugins

Add uk, ne, sk to ALL_LINGUAS