Process for UVF exceptions

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 19 11:58:43 GMT 2006

Hello everybody,

as some of you might have noticed, we have UVF now, which means, that we
only accept newer Upstream versions with prior approval.

If you want to want get approval, let us all please try to review the
changes so we make clever decisions. For each update approval, I want to
ask you to send

      * the Malone bug numbers the update fixes,
      * the output of  diff -u
        <package>-{oldversion,newversion}/ChangeLog  (Upstream changes
        that happened in the meantime)
      * the output of  diff -ruN <package>-{oldversion,newversion} |
        diffstat

to ubuntu-motu at lists.ubuntu.com so we can review this as a team, before
asking Matt and Colin.

Does this sound sane?