XUL Motu team?

john levin john at technolalia.org
Thu Jan 19 00:28:28 GMT 2006

Hi,

I've been playing around with the mozilla-provided binaries of a number
of apps not in the Ubuntu repositories: seamonkey, sunbird and xulrunner.
There's also a couple of third-party xul apps I've been trying: flock[0]
  and etna[1]; and I guess many will have heard about the as-yet
unreleased Songbird[2]

Given that there are a number of interesting apps, that xul is taking
off, and that it is very problematic (many apps rely on
libstdc++5; there are many questions relating to firefox in the
ubuntu-users mailing list, including many about memory leaks; firefox is
  often requested as a backport, but poses many difficulties[3]) would
it be wise and appropriate to form a XUL motu team?

I'd be very interested in being part of such a team, but have to state
my coding skills just aren't anywhere near enough to make a great
contribution.

regards

John

[0] www.flock.com