"official" MOTU projects (was: Morgue for MOTU ?)

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Sun Feb 12 22:01:47 GMT 2006

hi,
Am Sonntag, den 12.02.2006, 21:47 +0100 schrieb Lucas Nussbaum:
> On 11/02/06 at 13:07 +0100, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> > http://www.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/relationship exists, seems nobody feels the
> > need to read it or base his improvements off this, but if i do a search
> > in the wiki i find 15 pages like
> >
> > ContributingToDebian
> > DebianCollaboration
> > UniverseAndDebian
> > (among 15 hits)
>
> Have you actually read them ? Of course, there is some redundancy, but
> not as much as you seem to think.

i take that as a rhetorical question, you know i did and we discussed
them to dead in #ubuntu-motu ...

> > (i.e. some
> > months after dholbach announced the motu teams model for ubuntu, debian
> > suddenly started discussing heavily about team maintenance and
> > apparently it gets adopted ... i dont say dholbach imvented this model,
> > i know there were ideas in debian about it before, but our annuncement
> > triggered a wider change in mind in debian).
>
> Team maintenance is "encouraged" inside Debian, it hasn't been
> "adopted".
no matter how you call it, it doesnt change the proposition of the
paragraph, it had positive influence on debian which is good and as i
hope will happen more often in the future ...

the core statement of my mail still stands: dont soak the negative
things from debian into motu, but try to bring the positive improvements
from motu to debian. we have our own identity, there is no need to
become a funny copy of debian with all its bureocracy, policies and
flamewars.

ciao
	oli