"official" MOTU projects (was: Morgue for MOTU ?)

Stephan Hermann sh at sourcecode.de
Sat Feb 11 11:59:13 GMT 2006

Hi,

On Saturday 11 February 2006 12:19, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> Stephan Hermann wrote:
> >> The general policy regarding wishlist bug is that they are of lower
> >> priority than other bugs (that's why they are named wishlist bugs after
> >> all). What if :
> >> - the bug is really wishlist level, but it matters to *you*
> >> - you can't help integrate it in LP since LP is closed-source
> >>
> >> Is the only solution to just wait ?
> >
> > Yes. For closed source projects this is the solution. Or you find more
> > people who are annoyed of this and you can state this in the bugreports.
> > And raise this with an email to the software manufacture (in this case
> > Canonical) and let them realise that it's better to fix that wishlist
> > bug.
>
> I think this is a very disapointing solution. Can't we really do better?

In general? No.

This case:
But we do know, that the LP devs are quite open to suggestions and comments,
and most of the time they are very responsive for suggestions and wishes. So
I think a small discussion via IRC could be quite useful.

Regards,

\sh

PS: The other solution for LP is to apply for a job as LP dev :)