Getting started too

Luis de Bethencourt luisbg at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 6 08:41:26 GMT 2008

Seeing Murat's past work I must say he would make an awesome MOTU. He
has been dealing with a lot of documention stuff and working very
hard, creating really nice work. I'm happy to hear he wants to help
packaging.

Cheers,

Murat

On Feb 6, 2008 1:58 AM, Efrain Valles <efrain at ubuntu.org.ve> wrote:
> Hey that's fantastic. I would like to work with desktop bugs too I just
> need a little more practice. I am currently working on my update and I
> am not sure If I will make the upcoming freeze. but I am just doing it
> to go the distance.
>
> Thanks for hoping in, I feel more empowered to go on. Your experience
> should really help us beginners get going as well. It's a two way
> thing.
>
> Hope to see you here and on #ubuntu-motu
>
> El mié, 06-02-2008 a las 02:36 +0200, Murat Gunes escribió:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I've been following the MOTU mailing lists and IRC channel, as well as
> > reading the documentation on the wiki on and off for quite a while, and
> > in an attempt to prod myself to getting to work properly, would now like
> > to formally state my intention to become a MOTU.
> >
> > I've been working on bugs as part of the Bug Squad for some months, and
> > have just joined the Bug Control team.  My main areas of interest within
> > the scope of MOTU are audio production software, Python desktop tools
> > and productivity apps. Technical skills that may be relevant are my
> > basic Python and intermediate BASH skills, both of which I'm improving.
> > More information on my involvement in Ubuntu can be found at my
> > Launchpad page [1].
> >
> > I'm not sure I need a mentor, since I find the existing documentation
> > pretty good and easy to learn from. I've started by posting two
> > debdiffs, to bug #188440 [2] and bug #187552 [3], and also inspired by
> > Efrain Valles, will start a journal as soon as I get up to speed. I'm in
> > the process of finalizing my master's degree, so my progress may be slow
> > for a while. Anyway, I'll be bugging you on the IRC channel whenever I
> > have time and energy to work on things, and if anyone who's available
> > for mentoring thinks I need one, we'll perhaps make a deal.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > m.
> >
> > [1] https://launchpad.net/~mgunes
> > [2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mlt/+bug/188440
> > [3] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mhwaveedit/+bug/187552
> >

> --
> Efrain Valles
> Ubuntu-ve LoCo Team Contact
> https://launchpad.net/~effie-jayx
> 1024D/F9C7378B
> Fingerprint = 0354 6E23 2A85 A408 BBAC  17DB 74AD AFE9 F9C7 378B

Luis de Bethencourt Guimerá
luisbg
<luisbg at ubuntu.com>
GPG: B0ED1326