[உபுண்டு_தமிழ்] Mark Shuttleworth of Free Software and Education...

amachu shriramadhas at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 19:28:35 GMT 2006

Hi all,

Mark Shuttle worth came on IRC to answer Ubuntu user's question Ubuntu
Open Week. Here is what he had to share on Free Software in Education...

---------------------------------
sabdfl(18:29:57) amachu: QUESTION: Education sector the real arena where
Ubuntu can prove decisive.. Mark, how do compare with Microsoft's
educational suites with Edubuntu?

sabdfl:		I think the best thing that free software does in education is
DIVERSITY

sabdfl:		we don't (yet) have the best word processor

sabdfl:		though we have at least three *pretty good* ones

sabdfl:		what we do have is a huge spectrum of tools  sabdflfor all
sorts of disciplines

sabdfl:		music, art, maths, physics, statistics, programming, design

sabdfl:		you name it  sabdfland those tools are free of charge

sabdfl:		and OPEN

sabdfl:		you can see how the tools work  sabdfland you can shape them

sabdfl:		that's a treasure chest for education

sabdfl:		especially in places where the kids are often smarter than the
teachers

sabdfl:		so, we should focus on that

http://www.tonyyarusso.is-a-geek.com/irclogs/openweek/%
23ubuntu-classroom.html

Shuttleworth on Ubuntu Locoteams:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-tam/2006-November/000039.html

அன்புடன்,

ம. ஸ்ரீ ராமதாஸ்.

[SRI RAMADOSS M]
Contact Person: Ubuntu Tamil Team
Wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/sriramadas
Blog: http://aamachu.blogspot.com/
IRC: amachu AT freenode Channel: #ubuntu-tam
----
எங்கும் சுதந்திரம் என்பதே பேச்சு
இங்கு எல்லோரும் சமம் என்பது உறுதியாச்சு - பாரதி
----