[உபுண்டு_தமிழ்]Need a proper guide for Keyboards and Layouts

ம.ராமதாஸ் shriramadhas at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 10:41:23 GMT 2006

TV,

Thanks for that.. I will go thru them in leisure....

Why not we start thinking of a magazine which comes every month dedicated to
GNU/ Linux (Ubuntu offcouse) in Tamil.

It can be a PDF document around 50 pages. It can have application reviews
haveing screen shots. Problem descriptions and solutions. User questions and
answes...

Just think of and give your feedback. I think I can dedicate to co-ordinate
this job also. Those who cannot contribute directly to us can write some
good useful articles.

Just look from a long term objective...

Regards

On 11/3/06, Tirumurti Vasudevan <agnihot3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> attaching the hastily done help for translation
> it covers in brief kbabel and gtranslator.
> po edit i think was covered by seeni file.
> i need to check.
> ramdoss pl create a link in the home pages and post these.
> we can refine later.
> tv
>
> On 11/3/06, senthil raja <senthil.nkkl at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Dear TV,
> >
> > I think, we should have the translation guide in place. Because, I dont
> > know the translation process so far.
> >
> > Regarding Kbabel or gtranslator,  let us get the opinions from those who
> > are using those.  I feel, Kbabel is more famous, found in KDE session of Red
> > Hat.
> >
> > And how are we going to manage the translation works?  How are we going
> > to make sure, our works are not duplicated?
> >
> > Is there any mechanism, to allocate works to the members?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Senthil Raja

> > > lat us compile out doubts and mail rosetta about it.

> > > i have used kbabel
> > > but installed a kubuntu desktop over it.
> > > ("aptitude install kubuntu desktop" in terminal.)
> > > no problems.
> > > i think kbabel needs a kubuntu environ to function properly.
> > >

> > > You can soon expect more people to join and translate. Well now we
> > >

> > > if you want i can try and let you know.
> > >
> > > tv
> > >

> > > --
> > > BE HAPPY! LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE UNHAPPY!
> > >
> > > --
> > >

> > --

> BE HAPPY! LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE UNHAPPY!

அன்புடன்,
ம. ஸ்ரீ ராமதாஸ்.

Stepwise instructions - to view Unicode Tamil text

1. You need to have Unicode Tamil fonts installed on your computer and the
Operating System capable of rendering Tamil Scripts. Windows XP comes with a
Unicode Tamil Font (Latha) and you need not download/install a unicode font.
2. In the Control Panel, in Regional/Languages Options you will need to
ensure that Indic/Asian Language option is checked.
3. Use a browser that is capable of handling UTF-8 based pages (Netscape 6,
Internet Explorer 5) with the Unicode Tamil font chosen as the default font
for the UTF-8 char-set/encoding view. Unicode Tamil Fonts may be downloaded
from http://www.tamilnation.org/fonts/latha.ttf