[உபுண்டு_தமிழ்]Need a proper guide for Keyboards and Layouts

Tirumurti Vasudevan agnihot3 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 08:56:05 GMT 2006

may i suggest a process for the time being.
we can go on refining it as time goes.

senthil bear with me a couple of days more.
i have already posted couple of howto in this list. attachment 'seeni"
they relate to translation and go through them meanwhile.
in another two days i shall post the entire how to on translation.
perhaps baring how to on gtranslation for i have not used it.

number one.

one setsup how to view in tamil and write in tamil.
i am still expecting something on this from other members and it is not
forth coming.

number two

to get familiar with the translation environment just to get a feel of it
the newcomer goes to rosetta and try out the direct translations there.
install kbabel or gtranslator and get familiar with that.

number three
get into the translation effort.

choose a file. perhaps a small one to begin with.
open a new tab, go to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/tamil_trans_detail
see that the file is not listed among those being translated.
download the PO  file.
switch to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/tamil_trans_detail
and edit that to say that they have taken this file for translation and
expect to finish by this time.

if they are not familiar with that process post in the mail group and i  or
ramadoss will attend to that.
translate that.
send it to one of the more experienced members to get an opinion.
having done this couple of times when they are confident they can upload
directly.
is that ok with you ramadoss?
 tv

ps
the new comers are welcome to post in this list-or contact me directly if
they are shy -for any help in this process.

--
BE HAPPY! LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE UNHAPPY!