[Gruppo traduzione] Fwd: ubuntu-docs translations move to upstream project

Milo Casagrande milo a ubuntu.com
Dom 8 Maggio 2011 14:40:44 UTC

FYI.

C'è qualcuno che voglia dare un'occhiata a che e quante stringhe
mancano da tradurre per la documentazione di natty?

Ciao.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Matthew East <mdke a ubuntu.com>
Date: Sun, May 8, 2011 at 00:17
Subject: ubuntu-docs translations move to upstream project
To: Ubuntu translators <ubuntu-translators a lists.ubuntu.com>
Cc: Ubuntu Doc <ubuntu-doc a lists.ubuntu.com>

Dear translators,

In the ubuntu-docs team we've decided to move to translating in our
upstream project instead of in the Ubuntu package.

The reason for this is that it allows us to push updated templates to
Launchpad for translation immediately and automatically in our bzr
branch, rather than having to upload them to the Ubuntu archive or
upload them manually to Launchpad. This will help us particularly when
doing post-release updates.

We have enabled Launchpad's new translation sharing feature so that
translation can in fact go on in both places.

See https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu-docs. For the time being
I've enabled translations in the following series: lucid, maverick and
natty. These are the series for which we expect to issue stable
release updates with translations in the future. We haven't yet
enabled translations in oneiric (because it is too early to start
translation there).

In summary, please use the upstream project for translating Ubuntu
documentation in future.

Please note that the gnome-user-docs translation - which contains the
core desktop documentation for *natty only* - will continue to happen
in the Ubuntu package because the upstream project (Gnome) doesn't use
Launchpad for translation.

Let me know if you have any questions.

--
Matthew East