[Tradutores-Ubuntu] Traducións do Instador de Ubuntu Karmic

Fran Diéguez listas at mabishu.com
Fri Oct 2 09:41:51 BST 2009

Ola rapaces,

copio aquí as conversas mantidas con desenvolvedores de Ubuntu en
relación aos erros que enviei antes.
Son varias conversas en distintas canles de chat polo que vou separalas
cunha liña poñendo arriba a canle e abaixo a conversa mantida.

#ubuntu-1
<frandieguez>Hi to all, I'm a member of Ubuntu Galician Translators and
I'm testing Ubuntu Karmic beta on galician language (gl_ES) and after 2
weeks solving all the translation errors on alfa6 we can see that the
ubiquity-slideshow isn't showed on our language yet. What is the
procedure for make Ubuntu developers to integrate the translations made
on Launchpad on the final product release?

<HowDoI> File a bug if you want, I guess, I dunno.  But unless something
is actually broken or missing when it should be there, they will
probably tell you they already know

<stefg> frandieguez: i don't hink the slideshow translations are merged
yet. On a german install the slideshow is still english, too
<-- MightyTweek has quit ("Leaving")

<frandieguez> stefg, so I you can, I can file a bug that the
translatoins isn't merged yet
 just for remember the ubuntu-installer team that

<stefg> frandieguez: according to the schedule the final merging of
translations is done before Oct. 22nd. see the link in /topic

<frandieguez> stefg ok thanks!

#ubuntu-motu
<frandieguez> Hi to all, I'm a member of Ubuntu Galician Translators and
I'm testing Ubuntu Karmic beta on galician language (gl_ES) and after 2
weeks solving all the translation errors on alfa6 we can see that the
ubiquity-slideshow isn't showed translated yet. What is the procedement
for make Ubuntu integrate the translations made on launchpad on the
final product release?

 shriekout (n=shriekou at 124.216.208.60) has joined #ubuntu-motu
<dpm> frandieguez, you don't have to do anything to make those
translations appear in Ubuntu, the ubuntu-installer team takes care of
that. It might be that when they did the last export of translations the
Galician ones weren't ready yet, but they will most probably make it in
the next translation export
#ubuntu-motu

<dpm> frandieguez, to be more certain, you can also ask on the
#ubuntu-installer channel

<frandieguez> dpm, thanks for the quickly response
 I'll ask there in the future

<dpm> np :-)
 you can also ask on #ubuntu-translators for anything related to
translations

<dpm> frandieguez, having a look at the changelog ->
https://edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+source/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/+changelog
it seems that translations were last imported from Launchpad on the 17th
of September

<dpm> So if the Galician translations were done after that date, that's
probably why they weren't included
 but they will make it to the package next time they are exported

<frandieguez> Yes, I have translated the previous week so It doesn't
imported yet

<dpm> ah, ok

<frandieguez> I hope the ubuntu-installer team will import the
translations on the next release

<dpm> frandieguez, I'm sure they will before the final release at least.
They might be able to tell you more at #ubuntu-installer

<frandieguez> dpm, thanks

<dpm> you're welcome

#ubuntu-translators
<frandieguez>hi to all I'm a member of Ubuntu Galician Translators
(gl_ES) and I can see that the ibus package doesn't allow translations
so the ibus-setup is the unique app that isn't translated on the menues.
Did someone information about if this package could be translated?

<dpm> hi frandieguez :-) It should be translatable, it is a bug. Let me
see if I can find it...

<frandieguez> dpk hi again!

<dpm> frandieguez, it's bug 425001

<ubot4`> Launchpad bug 425001 in ibus "[karmic] ibus is in main, but no
translation template available (dup-of: 188690)" [Undecided,New]
https://launchpad.net/bugs/425001
 Launchpad bug 188690 in debootstrap "does not create a PO template on
build" [Wishlist,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/188690

<frandieguez> dpm thanks again! you rocks!

<dpm> hehe, thanks!

Vamos que de isto sacamos que non nos preocupemos e que se temos
problemas na integración de traducións preguntemos en
#ubuntu-translators polo que @fjrial "file a bug" sobre o tema das
traduzóns de openoffice.

Eu adicareime a traducir aplicativos que emprego a diario polo que cada
un pode seguir co seu. Por favor arañade uns minutillos da hora do café
para colaborar na traduzón.

Saúdos dádelle duro estes días que o 22 deste mes pechan o garito das
traducións.

--
Fran Diéguez
http://www.mabishu.com         -     listas at mabishu.com
GPG: 43DD 1B00 035F A764 4986  E695 98BB 6626 A2A4 F9B8