Light reading : Technical terms - translate or not translate?

Jad/Hakam madi Jad at Ubuntu.com
Sat Aug 2 20:05:25 BST 2008

I'm not sure about Egypt but in Jordan Arabizi (Arabic Mixed with
English) is very popular and English is very popular, actually in many
cases people prefer to use English terms as they are used to it more
than Arabic ones, to sum it up, it's all about getting used to it
rather than understanding the meaning 100% .
for example in Jordan we call public bus a باص although the Arabic
term been there for long time حافله  but we still use the word باص
even in some official documents and that's because we are used to it.

So it's not just about translating a term but about using it.

Now we are discussing Arabic translation issue in English :-)
Happy translation.