installation

Mike Holstein mikeh789 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 18:08:42 UTC 2013

On Nov 3, 2013 12:21 PM, "efto" <efto at mail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am new user and all this look greek to me. Since I lost everything
using Windows (not first, not last) I decide to use Linux. My problem is
this: when I download some software from INTERNET and click open or save,
in the download file I can see that the software is there. But when I want
it to be downloaded and installed into my computer, I cklick on it and
always shows to me a list of files. I do not see any word like install,
start, or similar that I need to click on to start the installation. Is
there a way that when I start the software from the download file that
automatically install into my computer?

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstallingSoftware

Everything was lost by not having back ups. Had nothing to do with the
operating system you were using before. Linux nor Ubuntu come with backups
configured out of the box. Address the issue you had where you "lost
everything" by doing proper backups of your data. Switching to Linux will
not automatically address this in any way.