Ubuntu IRC operator teams now taking open applications

Jussi Schultink jussi01 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 09:37:03 UTC 2010

Hi all,

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 10:47 PM, Robert Wall <robertwall at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> From OperatorRequirements:
> > When the Ubuntu IRC Council notices the need to have more operators in a
> > particular channel or channels, or to add another Core Operator, they
> will
> > send an email to the ubuntu-irc mailing list. After this email is sent,
> there
> > will be a one week period for any last minute applications and/or for
> > applicants to finish updating their wiki pages. During this time
> Testimonials
> > and concerns can be emailed direct to the Ubuntu IRC Council mailing
> list, or
> > listed on the applicants wiki page.
>
> I'm unsure whether this thread is just to let us know that the
> application process now exists, or whether you feel there's a need for
> more operators in particular channels and are thus asking for
> applicants. I'm guessing from:
>
> > Second, We are really looking for people available between 2-8am UTC. If
> > this is you, please note this on your wiki.
>
> that you need operators for #ubuntu, but figured I should double check
> since my feelings on this are less "yay awesome now I can have powah!"
> and more "I guess someone needs to do janitorial work, I should
> probably volunteer" ;P

Thanks for your interest! Currently its just an announcement that the teams
are open for business, and the clarification is because we have that
timezone missing amongst most of the channels. However, I do expect
different channel notifications to come out in the near future.

~ rww

Hope this helps

Jussi.