Ubuntu IRC operator teams now taking open applications

Robert Wall robertwall at ubuntu.com
Sat Mar 27 20:47:30 UTC 2010

Hi,

>From OperatorRequirements:
> When the Ubuntu IRC Council notices the need to have more operators in a
> particular channel or channels, or to add another Core Operator, they will
> send an email to the ubuntu-irc mailing list. After this email is sent, there
> will be a one week period for any last minute applications and/or for
> applicants to finish updating their wiki pages. During this time Testimonials
> and concerns can be emailed direct to the Ubuntu IRC Council mailing list, or
> listed on the applicants wiki page.

I'm unsure whether this thread is just to let us know that the
application process now exists, or whether you feel there's a need for
more operators in particular channels and are thus asking for
applicants. I'm guessing from:

> Second, We are really looking for people available between 2-8am UTC. If
> this is you, please note this on your wiki.

that you need operators for #ubuntu, but figured I should double check
since my feelings on this are less "yay awesome now I can have powah!"
and more "I guess someone needs to do janitorial work, I should
probably volunteer" ;P

~ rww