Defining the core channels

Michael Lustfield mtecknology at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 16 22:15:07 UTC 2010

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 18:07:09 -0400
idleone <oneidle at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 18:33 +0100, ljlbox at tiscali.it wrote:

I always thought public logs in these channels helped because the users
and ops knew that a dispute could be resolved by somebody else looking
at the logs - as opposed to "he said, she said." I know better now.
Either way, I think the logging is a good idea.

> channels like -offtopic don't need to be logged because they are social
> channels and as such not much official business is conducted in them if
> any.

I always thought this channel wasn't logged because of the utter crap
that spews form it. Heck, public logging is prohibited for this reason
afaik.

> > by LjL
> >
> > ljl at ubuntu.com
> >

> > Presentaci un amico! Invita i tuoi amici a scoprire i servizi Tiscali: per ogni amico che attiverà un servizio Tiscali, potrai avere 30 euro di sconto e lo stesso sconto di 30 euro verrà poi offerto al tuo amico.   Scopri come! http://abbonati.tiscali.it/presentaci_un_amico/?WT.mc_id=01fw

- --
Michael Lustfield
Kalliki Software

Network and Systems Administrator