Announcing #ubuntu-irc-helpers

Alejandro Riveira Fernández ariveira at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 14:25:34 UTC 2010

El Wed, 3 Feb 2010 12:05:35 +0100
"Lorenzo J. Lucchini" <ljlbox at tiscali.it> escribió:

> On Wednesday 03 February 2010 11:11:45 Alejandro Riveira Fernández wrote:
> > El Wed, 03 Feb 2010 03:08:27 -0500
> >
> > idleone <oneidle at gmail.com> escribió:
> > > Hey everybody!
> >
> >  Why yet another channel? Those things you describe can not be done
> > in #ubuntu-irc already?
> >
> >  We end up with ten's of quiet channels where nothing happens ever.
>
> These are my thoughts exactly.
> What John described seems to me to fit perfectly the current scope of
> #ubuntu-irc.

 That's right a couple of joins a week to request a cloak is not going to
 interfere with the stated goals for this new channel if they are carried
 out in #ubuntu-irc.

 If you are going to go ahead with this new channel #ubuntu-irc can be renamed
 to #ubuntu-cloaks because giving a cloak is all that ever happens there.

> If #ubuntu-irc is not currently used as much or as well as it should, then the
> solution is not duplicating it and hoping the new name will attract people
> more. The solution is using it.

 Ditto.