Announcing #ubuntu-irc-helpers

Lorenzo J. Lucchini ljlbox at tiscali.it
Wed Feb 3 11:05:35 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 03 February 2010 11:11:45 Alejandro Riveira Fernández wrote:
> El Wed, 03 Feb 2010 03:08:27 -0500
>
> idleone <oneidle at gmail.com> escribió:
> > Hey everybody!
>
>  Why yet another channel? Those things you describe can not be done
> in #ubuntu-irc already?
>
>  We end up with ten's of quiet channels where nothing happens ever.

These are my thoughts exactly.
What John described seems to me to fit perfectly the current scope of
#ubuntu-irc.

If #ubuntu-irc is not currently used as much or as well as it should, then the
solution is not duplicating it and hoping the new name will attract people
more. The solution is using it.

I have to say that when I was around and pushing it, I had succeeded in
getting some LoCo people active on it; then it faded down, also helped
by "changes in power" in various LoCo channels. Well - so fix it, don't ditch
it. Back in the time, I spammed every LoCo channel owner with a MemoServ
about it: people didn't just magically know about it, join and talk.

by LjL
ljl at ubuntu.com