Announcing #ubuntu-irc-helpers

Joseph Price pricechild at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 3 08:23:48 UTC 2010

Could you clarify what 'that "quiet word to someone"' means? Putting
it in a channel would on the contrary seem quite loud to me, what with
all the other people seeing it too?

I would much rather people had the "quiet word"s they think are
necessary with me, in /query.

Now if they wanted to make a public point of it.. That'd be a different matter..

On 2/3/10, idleone <oneidle at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey everybody!
>
> jussi01 asked me to post a little something about #ubuntu-irc-helpers.
> So I thought about it long and hard and then he ups and blogs about
> it :-) So I stole it.
>
> John Chiazzese
> IdleOne.
>

> Hi All,
>
> This is something we have had in the works for a while and I hope to put
> some more effort onto it soon. The #ubuntu-irc-helpers channel on
> freenode has been created as a place for co-ordination and learning for
> Ubuntu helpers on IRC.
>
> The idea is its somewhat like a “backstage” to #ubuntu, #kubuntu,
> #xubuntu and the other support channels, its a place to talk about the
> things that are going on in these channels and help give better support.
> It allows sharing of best practices, that “quiet word to someone” if
> needed and even a quick prod to the ops with out using the !ops trigger.
>
> Overall, its a place to “Help the helpers”.
>
> There is more info on the wiki
> at:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IRC/IrcTeam/UbuntuIRCHelpers
>
> In any case, if you help in the #k/x/ubuntu-*support channels, please
> feel free to come join the channel and help make Ubuntu’s IRC a better,
> more helpful place :)
>
> Remember to read the topic on entry! :)
>
> See you there!

Sent from my mobile device