Announcing #ubuntu-irc-helpers

Brian Burger blurdesign at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 08:47:07 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 12:08 AM, idleone <oneidle at gmail.com> wrote:
> The #ubuntu-irc-helpers channel on
> freenode has been created as a place for co-ordination and learning for
> Ubuntu helpers on IRC.
>
> The idea is its somewhat like a “backstage” to #ubuntu, #kubuntu,
> #xubuntu and the other support channels,

OK, so it's #ubuntu-notquiteas-offtopic?

Historically, -ot has been the "backchannel" and done a pretty good
job; I'm aware some think -ot is a wretched hive of scum and villany,
however.

I'm not on IRC anywhere near as much as I  used to be, but -irc &
-irc-helpers have been added to xchat's autojoin now, so I'll be
around.

Brian
(Madpilot on IRC)
(did I just use "historically" in talking about an IRC channel? Good
Lord, hope I'm not starting to take IRC seriously...)