#ubuntu-ops policy discussion

Juha Siltala juha at siltala.net
Tue Feb 2 15:06:11 UTC 2010

Hi,

As a side note to the discussion on the -ops policy:

On 02/02/2010 03:44 PM, Joseph Price wrote:
> When I suggested this, I wanted to emphasize that the IRCC should
> maintain that channel, keep it a positive channel. Promote useful
> discussions 'within friends'. I know that the ops have their private
> channels and PMs, but I believe it would be useful for the IRCC to try
> and keep these thoughts positive & together, behind closed doors if
> needed.

This is an idea I could easily grow to appreciate. Such a channel could
potentially be a very good place for operators to talk shop, trade tips,
and have lounge-area discussions. The IRCC would see that the lounge is
tidy. The channel could also be great support for mentoring new
operators during the probation period[1].

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IRC/IrcTeam/Probation

--
Juha Siltala