#ubuntu-ops policy discussion

Lasse Havelund lhavelund at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 2 15:16:22 UTC 2010

The situation with jussi01 described is a very unfortunate one, and not
a very good example of catalysing. As much as it's an unfortunate
situation, we all make mistakes. This isn't an attempt to justify
Jussi's actions, but

As for the two cases with ikonia -- I see no misconduct. Yes, it could
have been reasonable to speak to JayCool in a /query first, and yes, it
would have been reasonable to avoid the affair with mkanyicy77 and a
three-on-one smackfest.

That said, the conversation was running stale, and input from a
third-party operator is sometimes the only way to break free of that.

			    Anyway ...

Catalysing should always be the first approach made by any operator.
Regardless of situation. And regardless of whether we decide on a new
channel structure, or set of rules for -ops.

I've found myself bookmarking the catalyst guidelines[1] for easy access.

[1] http://freenode.net/catalysts.shtml

- --
  .----.-.     Lasse Havelund
 /    ( o \    Official Ubuntu Member