Channel operators on #ubuntu

John Vivirito gnomefreak at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 13:30:16 UTC 2009

On 07/26/2009 08:11 AM, Isapual Daily wrote:

> Interesting,
>
> Very Interesting!
>

> clue ----> 22:34 - 22:32 = < 2minutes !!!!!!!  <------ clue

> I think it's funny, how after a day nobody on the council or just a regular op could give you the time of day to replay back to you nicely with some thing like, "Aw, gee thankz for the offer, but we really do not need another op right now, Have a nice Day..."
>

> So since they don't want to come out of hiding to answer you, let me take a stab at it, hope they don't mind.
>
> Now I'm no op, so i could be wrong! But
>

> YOU ARE BREAKING THE IRC GUIDE LINES
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IrcGuidelines
>

> As I quote from it,
>
> "
>
> Don't ask for operator privileges
>

> Whenever #ubuntu needs new operators, we will ask the helpful and polite members of the chat whether they want to take on the responsibility. Please don't ask to become an operator or get upset if you're turned down. Being an operator in #ubuntu is not a privilege, it is a responsibility.
> "
>

> I'd like to know how you know, for a fact, that there is "frequently not enough channel operators around"?
>
> Last i saw there were all under cover!
>
> So how do you know who they are and if they are around?
>

> But anyways, with all that aside, between you and me bud, I'd think twice before I joined up about, Do you REALLY want to join there neo-nazism way of "Willful and malicious destruction of property; personalty."
>

> But hey, what do I know, this is just my humble opion, lol.
>

> Have A Nice Day!
>
> I.P. Daily
>

> From: richardcavell at mail.com
> To: ubuntu-irc at lists.ubuntu.com
> Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 22:59:44 -0500
> Subject: Channel operators on #ubuntu
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm in Australia.  When I'm on #ubuntu on IRC, there are frequently not enough channel operators around to deal with trolls etc. I just want to say that if you're looking for more channel operators, please consider me. If you want to check out my work, I use the username richardcavell on launchpad.net, bugzilla, wikipedia, #ubuntu and ubuntuforums.org.
>
> Richard

I dont have an email about a request. Yes you pointed him in right
direction thanks for the assist

--
Sincerely Yours,
    John Vivirito

https://launchpad.net/~gnomefreak
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JohnVivirito
Linux User# 414246

"How can i get lost, if i have no where to go"
    -- Metallica from Unforgiven III