Failed meeting / real life getting in the way

Rich Johnson nixternal at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 15 13:56:40 UTC 2007

On Thursday 15 February 2007, Dennis Kaarsemaker wrote:
| Hi all,
|
| I'm sorry that I did not make it to the meeting today, but there's a
| serious case of "real life" here which costs me more time than I
| expected (don't we all hate real life...).

Dude, what's real life? :)

| More importantly, i did not even finish the documents yet that I was
| supposed to write, but I will do that today. Let's do the review on the
| mailinglist when that's done. I'd also like to collect opinions on the
| situation with Cody, so please reply if you want to voice your opinion.

Since I didn't follow the whole issue, my opinion is mute here. Sorry.

| As last and most important point, the IRC council.
|
| It was a close race, but in the end Hobbsee won with one more vote than
| LjL. However, I want to welcome them *both* as members of the IRC
| council. The reason for a sudden extra member is that I'm going to step
| down from the council when it's all working as it should. I will remain
| active as operator, but cloaks, freenode contact business and
| guidelines/appeals process will be the responsibility of the remaining
| council members.

Congratulations to Hobbsee and LjL. Congrats to Seveas as well for the
outstanding job of the entire IRC process he has been holding and helping for
a long time. I still don't know what real life is :)

| For the next Community Council meeting, I'll ask the council to
| recognize our stucture officially so we can move forward with group
| contact forms and me stepping down.

Outstanding!

--
Rich Johnson