Failed meeting / real life getting in the way

Melissa Draper melissa at meldraweb.com
Thu Feb 15 12:20:53 UTC 2007

Francis Giannaros wrote:
> On Thursday 15 February 2007 09:56:05 Dennis Kaarsemaker wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm sorry that I did not make it to the meeting today, but there's a
>> serious case of "real life" here which costs me more time than I
>> expected (don't we all hate real life...).
>>
>> More importantly, i did not even finish the documents yet that I was
>> supposed to write, but I will do that today. Let's do the review on the
>> mailinglist when that's done. I'd also like to collect opinions on the
>> situation with Cody, so please reply if you want to voice your opinion.
>>
>> As last and most important point, the IRC council.
>>
>> It was a close race, but in the end Hobbsee won with one more vote than
>> LjL. However, I want to welcome them *both* as members of the IRC
>> council. The reason for a sudden extra member is that I'm going to step
>> down from the council when it's all working as it should. I will remain
>> active as operator, but cloaks, freenode contact business and
>> guidelines/appeals process will be the responsibility of the remaining
>> council members.
>>
>> For the next Community Council meeting, I'll ask the council to
>> recognize our stucture officially so we can move forward with group
>> contact forms and me stepping down.
>>

> I'll be sorry to see you go from the council, but I understand that you need
> to prioritise with these things. Still, I'm happy that there's great enough
> people around for the position.
>
> With regard to the other issue, I oppose any decision to reinstate
> somerville32.
>
> Regards,

-NickServ-            Nickname: somerville32
-NickServ-          Registered: 2 years 1 week 5 days (15h 14m 12s) ago
-NickServ-           Last Seen: 1 week (0h 16m 16s) ago
-NickServ-   Last Seen Address: n=somervil at ubuntu/member/somerville32
-NickServ-  Last Seen Quit Msg: "Leaving"
-NickServ-       Email Address: <removed out of courtesy>
-NickServ-    Nickname Options: Secure, UnFiltered, AllowMemos,
MemoNotify, MemoSignon

Considering the above 'Last Seen', I do not think the issue will be up
any time soon.

--
Sincerely
Melissa Draper