Ubiquity plugins review

Evan Dandrea evand at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 27 09:55:48 BST 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 10:13 PM, Mario Limonciello<superm1 at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Given my short amount of time looking at this, I gave this a brief look over
> the code and a local test build to test the mythbuntu frontend now.  It
> looks like for the most part it's working properly with the exception of
> that last page. It's intended to be presented after the install finishes,
> but it's coming up before you press the "Install" button.

Ah, I actually noticed this as well, but not doing Mythbuntu installs
that often, I didn't process it.  I suspect this is just a bug and not
a problem fundamental to the design, but we should definitely look
into it to be certain.

I very briefly talked to Steve about this merge last night, asking him
for a Feature Freeze exception to give you and Colin some more time to
look things over.  He said the following in response.

(10:49:31 PM) slangasek: evand: can you please file a bug per
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FreezeExceptionProcess?  I expect it's fine
based on the descriptions I've had of this change already, but I'm not
going to say "yes" sight-unseen

So I am going to sort that out this morning.  Do you think you need
any more time to look it over, or are you happy with where things
stand?

I'm not sure if Colin has any time to review it as well, given other
work with freeze exceptions that he needs to attend to.  However, I
didn't feel right rushing this into the archive last night without
giving the both of you more of a chance to take a look at it.

Thanks for the help.  I greatly value the investment of your time and
expertise on this.

Michael, I have a patch to merge in the latest changes from trunk to
your branch.  I haven't actually tested this, so you might want to
look it over quickly before merging.
http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/260210

Thanks guys!