Ubiquity plugins review

Michael Terry michael.terry at canonical.com
Thu Aug 27 13:20:29 BST 2009

On Thu, 2009-08-27 at 09:55 +0100, Evan Dandrea wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 10:13 PM, Mario Limonciello<superm1 at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > Given my short amount of time looking at this, I gave this a brief look over
> > the code and a local test build to test the mythbuntu frontend now.  It
> > looks like for the most part it's working properly with the exception of
> > that last page. It's intended to be presented after the install finishes,
> > but it's coming up before you press the "Install" button.
>
> Ah, I actually noticed this as well, but not doing Mythbuntu installs
> that often, I didn't process it.  I suspect this is just a bug and not
> a problem fundamental to the design, but we should definitely look
> into it to be certain.

Thanks, Mario for looking it over.

Yeah, that must be a bug with how I converted mythbuntu pages to use the
new framework.  It might require small API changes to be able to specify
'after install' as a plugin.  But since we're already post-FF, if it
would, I think I'll just hardcode it in the mythbuntu frontend and we
can fix it for realz next cycle.  We know we're not fully converted
internally anyway.  So that would put this change under the 'bug fix'
category.  I'll look at it today.

> Michael, I have a patch to merge in the latest changes from trunk to
> your branch.  I haven't actually tested this, so you might want to
> look it over quickly before merging.
> http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/260210

Thanks for your continued work on getting this in, Evan.  In your patch,
I would put the following line:
+from ubiquity.frontend.kde_components.Keyboard import *
inside the PageKde.__init__ function (with the other imports there) and
make it:
+from ubiquity.frontend.kde_components.Keyboard import Keyboard

Because otherwise, you'd be importing KDE code even when processing that
file for GTK+.

-mt