boot direct from an iso

Scott D. Davilla davilla at 4pi.com
Wed May 14 00:11:51 BST 2008

>Scott, apologies if my first email wasn't very clear, I hope that the
>second one I sent was more helpful. I am glad to see you found your
>way through, and I certainly agree that the documentation on the lupin
>hooks should be improved (mostly my fault). I was hoping to provide
>the same hooks also in the alternate initrd and was waiting for an
>harmonization before writing the docs.

Yes, the second one gave me the hints for where to look for the
proper boot params.

This seems to work great for Ubuntu 8.04 and derivatives.

Is there something similar for 7.10. I tried kubuntu 7.10 and neither
"iso-scan" nor "find-iso" result in a boot. Unfortunately, kubuntu
7.10 does not include fbcon/vesafb in the initrd so I don't have
console framebuffer output and can't see the errors.

I'm trying kubuntu 7.10 because LinuxMCE is based off that and
several users want to try LinuxMCE. Can't do the alternate install
because the text based installer wants to reference "/cdrom" for the
install payload.