How to get multiple crypted partitions?

Josef Wolf jw at raven.inka.de
Sat Dec 15 11:44:25 GMT 2007

Hello,

I am trying to install with multiple crypted partitions with gutsy
alternate install CD.  This is what I have done in the partitioner
so far:

   partition type    mountpoint

   sda1      ext3    /media/suse
   sda2      ext3    /media/suse-home
   sda3      crypto  (sda3_crypt)
   sda4      ext3    # not used
   sda5      crypto  not active
   sda6      crypto  not active

As I selected sda3 to be a "physical volume for encryption", it appeared
automatically as a separate disk where I can choose its mount point.

But sda5 and sda6 don't change the state from "not active" to "(sdaX_crypt)"
and are therefore not available in the "configure crypted volumes" menu.

How do I force the state change from "not active" to "(sdaX_crypt)"?