RAID configuration in debian installer failing

Hasse Hagen Johansen hhj-ubuntu at musikcheck.dk
Wed Dec 12 19:51:54 GMT 2007

Hi

I have some problems getting raid configured properly. I have this
problem with debian,ubuntu gutsy & hardy herron alpha 1, but I can
make a working configuration with fedora core8 (I don't like rpm based
dists...so it is just for testing)

I have 2 disks and what I want is to create 100M raid1 and the rest on
another raid 1

What I have done is choose manual partitioning:

Create 1 100MB partition on each disk with type physical raid
device.

Then I choose RAID configuration. When I try to create the raid it
says that there no unused partitions of type raid autodetect, and then
I cannot delete it, and when I then choose finish, I get an array
saying it is the size of the whole disk(in raid1 configuration)

If I create all four partitions before entering RAID configuration...I
just get one raid with all 4 partitions.

Anyone got any ideas about what could be wrong. I know it works on
many other machines I have installed. But on my normal computer at
home it doesn't work.

(please reply to me offlist. I am not subscribed)

Regards
Hasse H. Johasen