[ubuntu-in] Gloat Gloat

Ravi Kumar ra21vi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 05:42:10 GMT 2010

Hey Ram,

First of all, nothing is secure - this is the key.

No Idea what MS IE 8 has in terms of security.
But I totally agree with you, India is not really geared towards progress in
atleast IT. Politicians, who are just about to die like a over-ripped
mangoes on tree, who never used computer decide the thing. Also, many times
I got the impression that the person in power to decide/sign these govt
implementations in IT are just influenced by who is the repr, and what dream
are shown to their eye$$.

Almost all the things that are any-way directly connected to Govt lacks:

   - Proper Implementation
   - Even Half completion
   - No creativity
   - ... too many, i am running out of time.

Indian Govt needs some fresh people. From different professions. Not for
administration, but to suggest them and show them the mighty light. Well,
what we can do, just wait, wait and wait till these mangoes just drop off th
tree.
They invest $$$$$ for MS Office package. Why they don't use OOo, maybe they
don't know. They don't trust. OOo.org can't pay hefty sum to the decision
maker in govt body. Jyotish-shastra predicted not to use the Office package
brand starting with O.

They spent on products, whereas they should have invested in research and
implmentation for a secure environment and data storage using Opensource.
You may not be knowing, most govt controlled/attached/funded centers use MS
Word to create their webpage, and they just host. :) This just get me pissed
on even thinking about it. But hey, India is great and will be a SuperPower
in next 15 years. That is what they are busy calculating.

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 9:05 AM, Ramnarayan.K <ramnarayan.k at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> couldn't resist have a laugh about who all are vulnerable to various
> M$ based vulneabilities
>
> 1. China tried to hack our computers: MK Narayanan
>
> http://news.oneindia.in/2010/01/18/china-tried-to-hack-our-computers-nsa-mk-narayan.html
> Snippet "The hackers reportedly launched an attack using a 'Trojan'
> virus in order to access the computer remotely and download of delete
> files".
>
> Trust india's most sensitive stuff to not just be vulnerable to
> virus's attacks , guess they won't ever learn, that there are better
> ways than M$ to use computers and be relatively safe without much
> effort.
>
> 2. German government warns against using MS Explorer
> snippet "Microsoft rejected the warning, saying that the risk to users
> was low and that the browsers' increased security setting would
> prevent any serious risk.However, German authorities say that even
> this would not make IE fully safe. "
>
> Finally the icing on the cake even the french are
> 3. France joins Germany warning against Internet Explorer
> snippet Certa, a government agency that oversees cyber threats, warned
> against using all versions of the web browser"
>
> the the MS guys make a joke "But Microsoft told BBC News that IE8 was
> the "most secure browser on the market" and people should upgrade. "
>
> **
> wow what f****king arrogance first you allow people to get vulnerable
> and then tell them to buy / get yet another piece of shit.
>

> anyways good to know that some of us atleast sleep peacefully at night
> and our worries are not about is my data safe
>
> So Linuxeros and Ubunteros i think we have earned the right to gloat a bit
> ;-)
>
> ram

-=Ravi=-