[ubuntu-in] 1 additional point

suranjan jii suranjan.suranjan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 13:16:56 GMT 2009

Hello to all,
Regarding SCIM I should also add that although SCIM is already present, but
m17n is also needed in order to use the "hi-baraha.mim" typing schema. When
I opened Synaptic Package Manager and selected m17n to be downloaded and
installed, it downloaded-- but during install gave the message that the
installation was only partially done because "msttcore fonts: these fonts
were provided by Microsoft "in the interest of cross platform
compatibility". This is no longer the case, but they are still available
from 3rd parties".

The m17n folder is nonetheless appearing at the location /usr/share/m17n.
And there I pasted the file "hi-baraha.mim". I have provided the above
information in case it may explain why SCIM does not open when giving the
trigger command "ctrl-space".

Many thanks,
Suranjan
Buxar, Bihar