[ubuntu-in] Fwd: Introducing the Jaunty Jackalope

Manish manishsinha.tech at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 08:33:03 BST 2008

Vishal Rao wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Aanjhan R <aanjhan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Its Jaunty Jackolope next!!!
>>

> In the link http://www.jonobacon.org/?p=1278 a bunch of topics are mentioned.
>
>     * Networking
>     * Power Management
>     * Desktop Experience
>     * Booting
>     * Hardware Support
>     * Sharing and Backup

* Power Management: Power Management is the place where a bit more
stress should be given. Hibernate is still problematic in Hardy. It used
to work sometimes in Gutsy but broke completely in Hardy. Sleep still
works on Hardy.

* Booting: This is another place where we need to do more. In many
laptops where I installed Ubuntu many complained of slow booting.

* Hardware Support: I am very much satisfied with it. All my hardware
work out of box. I have Airtel connection and connect via USB interface.
I never used to do any config, just plug and start working.