[ubuntu-in] GUI equivalent to wall command?

Onkar Shinde onkarshinde at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 10:56:50 BST 2008

Hi all,

We are using wall command to broadcast notification to all users
ssh'ed in to a particular server when some settings are changed. But
since not everyone keeps a constant eye on terminal every now and then
someone misses the notification and gets irritated.
I was wondering if there is any GUI equivalent to wall command.
Something that will popup a notification in panel.

Any help is appreciated.

Onkar
Don't ask why - the reason is the same.