[ubuntu-in] WHY CC Licensing is not a good idea (Was Looking for a flat-bed scanner in the 6-7k range)

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 08:56:24 BST 2008

Hi friends,

this is a much delayed response so i hope people get the thread

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 10:26 AM, shirish <shirishag75 at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. People with whomever I'm communicating, many of them are unaware of
> > the alternative that CC gives. I like that and I wanna do a bit of
> > propaganda for them. I don't get any commercial benefits of the same,
> > I like CC and hence I use one of the licenses to sign it.

I think this is def. the most powerful argument to use the CC licensing, to
let people know that there is an alternative , to the  mainstream  copyright
process.

Only wish we could expand and take the argument further to actually do away
the the Copy right by default protection mechanism.

ram