[ubuntu-in] List of new features in Intrepid Ibex

Vishal Rao vishalrao at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 04:23:17 BST 2008

Well, they made a good "intrepid" decision (hopefully final) about
moving to kernel .27 - I was looking forward to better hassle-free
wireless support on my HP tablet with Broadcom wifi chipset, but after
looking at the thread in the link below for Hardy that proposed update
works well for me. Now Intrepid looks like it will be a "boring"
release especially if there isn't OpenOffice.org 3.0 or Firefox 3.1 by
default :-) I really hope they live up to the code name "intrepid" and
make some bolder decisions about the default packages...

See http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=880218 if you're having
broadcom wireless hassles with Hardy.

There was an effort to shoot for OOo 3 but looks like the release
candidate got delayed which doesn't
look good for inclusing in Intrepid: