[ubuntu-in] A interesting read

Ravi Kumar ra21vi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 11:53:28 BST 2007

"personally feel coding using Vim or Emacs to be faster, efficient and
comfortable than using a GUI tool like Eric for my work."
BUt I think Working on Eclipse is much faster when you dont have to remember
all sort of syntax and when u satrt typing, the program assist you with
available options and also their descriptions. My dear friend, thats why
Eclipse got the fame, for being most intelligent and complete IDE for Java,
(also its immature plaugins, PHPand PyDev are there, worked on to make it
better).
For python I would suggest SPE.
VIM is a very good editor, plethora of functionality in it, but it walks
away from your mind, when you start on Eclipse. Eclipse also has automated
compiling on each save or with incremental typing, which instantly tells you
where your syntax is wrong.
It was a better development.
Simple theory is, in the lack of X server, we had only CLI. so we worked
hard to get most out of it. Then we got stable and mature X, satrted
improving the system and came GUI. Now in GUI, we have to progress and have
everything. Windows and MacOSx (for example) have much done on GUI. They too
have CLI tools (windows management tools for admins) to do the task over
network.
And those tools are pretty mature afaik. so there is no such issue what we
are doing it. It is fact and linux is evolving from CLI towards GUi and
lacks manything. Your argument is not justifiable my brother. Please try to
understand and contribute to make it better. We dont have time to fight over
the rule that we have many things,. World knows Linux is mature platform,
for Development and Server. Even Google uses Ubuntu at its Developers
platform. But when we talk about the common users, it doesnt onyl mean to
developers and testers and server admins. It includes all, like office and
home people too. Children and Moms too.
The complete freedom that is the aim of Linux isnt only to serve Developers
and Geeks, but to everyone. You know why india still is a pirate market even
the alternative Linux is free of costs with so many aaplications? People
just arent aware and if they try, most of them walk back to Windwos in
absence of finding a friendly environment.
Most of the time my system run on Ubuntu,
and for sometime i have to go to windows to do some game practice and
Dreamweaver tasks. Like flash designing too..
So, right now, Linux is not as mature as others are (in term of GUI tasks).
I read blog of a person who said Ubuntu is very easy and most user friendly
among other available Linux, but then he also admitted that he had to switch
back to his Mac after a week to do his task. He cannt over Linux.

Many people criticizes  over this matter, but hardly it comes that those
people agree and meet to do some revision (either in Facility or in idea)..
most of the time killed just arguing over this and making other understand
it.
But dear friend, it is very clear, get out of the hood and there is no shame
saying we have a hut. But we can make a Tajmahal, if we admit our hut and
work to pay some contribution.
Ok here is some facts you wont argue (as i think).. just experiment:
Windows Explorer performs tasks and navigation quite fast than Nautilus and
Konqueror (even in many files direcory c:\windows\system32 which contains
more than 2000 files on general PC). OUr nautilus hangs a little and takes
much time when we browse /usr/share/bin where there is also about 1800
files. Guess WHY?
Nautilus has many features yet to come, like user can choose which dir to
display thumbnail and many other things
Apache performance on Windows has been seen more aggressive  than on Linux,
same happens to MySQL

A python binary (blender Game) starts faster on Windows than Linux.

Why friend? if you have answer just opposite to me and want to throw some
flames over, then you are just making nothing out of it. Just admit and lets
contribute this summer time to our free and lovely tux. Everyone should get
over this bullshit arguments and just come my side, help write benchmarks
and performance bottlenecks. Also, we can contribute some time discussing
and finding what would be good for Gnome 3.0 (feature collections)...

--
-=Ravi=-