[ubuntu-in] A interesting read

Ravi Kumar ra21vi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 07:20:13 BST 2007

Yeah, but think some other way. A Geek (a term for powerusers ;-) will
definitly do commandline. But here is the truth my brother. GUI is developed
beacuse it has some power to serve. The easy and accuracy and thus thrusting
your performance with less error and more productivity. You wont disagree.
Right, world changed from CLI to GUI.. Wordprocessors and many other
(Movies, picture viewer and editor etc) needs GUI. Have you seen the control
panel of Nasa footage, about discovery crash. There was a GUI in it to show
the graph.
Simply, GUI gives you the vision by forming pictures and graphs,
illustrations of whats happening. You know your friends by remembering the
face of their and relating that face with the name, and its voice. Now, when
a blind happens to be the case, he has nothing, so he better get practiced
remembering by feel and voice, and then relating that to name,. BUt there
the poor blind got compromise. Right.

Everywhere there is pictorial notation to remember the thing. And if the
notation got beauty, it gives more impact than other. Lke the most beautiful
lady/girl in your class, or circle.
Thats why GUI.
NOw what Central tools mean? LIke managing all the computers resources at
single place (it would be like doing all the things related to cricket in
your playground. Whenever you need that, you just head towards the
playground ad not waste your time thinking over some new solution. It can be
possible to make a central tool, for example running and configuring all
your services in Gnome-control panel, under service catagory, with solid
GUI, which lets you do everything possible thru cLI. that way, a noob even
can start and play with LAMP. right (just taking example).

GUI has an ultimate power, it can serve a noob to advance users, depends on
that quality of design.

HOw many people are comfortable with regular expression, and can do awk to
replace certain words by another words. Lets be in OO.org, it would be damn
easy for them, just replacing all.
There is the power of GUI.
NOw, we all have to admit, that we really lacks Central Managememt tools.
Think of this for a while, a Linux Management Tool, is a GUI where you can
manage all sort of things. If Apache package is installed on system, it will
put its own configuration module and information into that LMT (Linux
Management Tool) database, and will be automatically listed there. Also, the
initial launch of Apache will ask the Users about performing configuration,
doing all sort of things, and be fault tolerant, built in self intelligence.
That would be a sort of perfect application. Thats what we study in computer
sc, about those aspects.

In short, best GUI  gives you beauty and productivity, much higher than the
CLI.