[ubuntu-in] How to connect to the internet ???

Gora Mohanty gora at sarai.net
Tue Nov 14 13:47:45 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 05:22 -0800, Aman Mehta wrote:
[...]
Details ignored for now. You have more basic problems, as described
below.

> nameserver 127.0.0.1   3. Sudo wvdial R   I used d sudo in d terminal
> n executed d above n d output was tht it was diallin but on d phone's
> screen it shows "Call Failed - Data services unavilable".   The output
> in the screen is    --> Modem intialized. --> sending: ATDT#777 __>
> Waiting for carrier. ATDT#777 NO CARRIER -->No carrier! trying again.
> --> sending: ATDT#777 __> Waiting for carrier.   This keeps repeating.
> I press CTRL+C n d system shows   Caught Signal 2:  Attepting to exit
> gracefully... No carrier.

Um, this is an indication that it is unable to even connect on the line.
Are you sure that the line is working? Is the phone number that it is
dialling correct? Can you hook up a phone, dial the number, and see if
you get any modem tones?

>   I have given d details but yet some more info is required thn pls
> mail me in this id.   thanking u. Dharmesh Mehta.

Sorry, no. If you post here, you can read replies here.

Regards,
Gora