[ubuntu-in] XGL/Compiz on Integrated nVidia Geforce2MX not working.

Brijesh ramon_mac at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 3 08:08:49 GMT 2006

Hi Friends,
I am a new to Linux and have recently installed Ubuntu Dapper Drake on my
Athlon XP2000 pc with Integrated nVidia Geforce2 MX graphics card.
I was trying to install xgl/ compiz following a guide by "Poofyhairguy"on
the ubuntu archives. But find that it has crashed my X windows completely.
I am only able to use the terminal , no gnome desktop or panels.
The X windows on startup says Fatal error: Unrecognised option : ^M
Tried to find that option in /etc/X11/xorg.conf  and
/etc/gdm/gdm.conf-custom and /usr/bin/thefuture but cant find it.
So m not sure where that error is and what that error means or stands for.
Also tried to type "thefuture" but it says no such file present ...but when
i type sudo nano /usr/bin/thefuture it displays the file that compiz
installed.
Is my nvidia card too old for compiz?
Has anyone faced the same problem or m i doing something wrong? Is there a
way to correct it?

Thanks
Brijesh