[ubuntu-hardened] AppArmor profile for lightdm-guest-session.

Daniel Curtis sidetripping at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 14:04:26 UTC 2013

Hi

Could somebody explain to me why lightdm-guest-session
changed? Some time ago, I checked this profile and there were
more entries. Now it's look like this:

# vim:syntax=apparmor
# Profile for restricting lightdm guest session

#include <tunables/global>

/usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm/lightdm-guest-session-wrapper {
  # Most applications are confined via the main abstraction
  #include <abstractions/lightdm>

  # chromium-browser needs special confinement due to its
sandboxing #include <abstractions/lightdm_chromium-browser>
}

apparmor_status command shows that there is two profiles in
enforced mode, which are related to a lightdm:

/usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm/lightdm-guest-session-wrapper
/usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm/lightdm-guest-session-wrapper//chromium_browser

Why it happened? I may be wrong, but I remember, that this
profile was full of policy, restrictions etc. One more thing: I'm
not using a Chromium browser. Could somebody help me with this
issue? Explain it to me and paste a correct profile? What should I
do?

Best regards.