[ubuntu-hardened] tcp: sysctl to disable TCP simultaneous connect

Daniel Curtis sidetripping at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 15:05:21 UTC 2013

Hi Mr Cook;

First of I would like to thank you for a such great, really great job on
the security field etc. It's amazing! What a shame, that this patch was
rejected by upstream. I hope Ubuntu Security Team will apply this feature
to e.g. 3.2.x kernel.

I'm a little worried, because Mr Ben Hutchings on Wed, 27 Mar had announced
the release of the 3.2.42 kernel, while in Ubuntu 12.04.2 available kernel
is 3.2.39 and 3.2.40 - but with so-called 'proposed updates'. As probably
with every kernel update, this update included several important fixes. I
hope, that Ubuntu Team will release 3.2.42 kernel for 12.04.2 as soon as
possible.

These things that have been NAKed upstream are also very interesting.
Especially 'devtmpfs: mount with noexec and nosuid'.

Best regards.