[ubuntu-hardened] tcp: sysctl to disable TCP simultaneous connect

Daniel Curtis sidetripping at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 11:38:20 UTC 2013

Hi;

On Thu, 7 Feb 2013, Mr Kees Cook wrote an interesting article about Willy
Tarreau's patch and sysctl option called; "tcp_simult_connect"[1]. At this
time, this option is probably not available in the 3.2.39 kernel, because
when I'm trying to enable it I get an error about "no such file or
directory";

$ echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_simult_connect
cat: /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_simult_connect: No such file or directory

I would like, to know if this sysctl option will be available in 3.2.39 and
higher versions of the Linux kernel? Since, it provide some DoS protection,
I think it would be nice if it will be implemented or backported.

Best regards.