Lorenzo Hernández García-Hierro lorenzo at gnu.org
Tue Oct 25 11:57:46 CDT 2005

On lun, 2005-10-24 at 18:33 +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> Hi Lorenzo!

Heya Martin. Glad to see you again over here. This time we need work
together if we want dapper to take profit of our efforts ;).

> Lorenzo Hernández García-Hierro [2005-10-23 18:52 +0200]:
> > 1 - Progress on vSecurity development and packaging
>
> I reviewed the current packages, and my last TODO items reduced quite
> drastically. We are not quite there yet, but it definitively improves.
>
> This is my current TODO list (tested on amd64 Breezy final):
> - after reboot, capabilities still gets loaded, thus vsecurity can't
>   load

-EMUSTFIX

> - version/ABI-specific packages with per-flavor metapackages

That would be nice. Any clues on how can we do that? I'll try to have a
look over other module packages source.

> - powerpc packages

We need powerpc box, and checking of the powerpc headers for right
ABI/API. After that, build, test and upload them. Will be plain easy if
the headers are working.

> - debian/control: Add detailed description (maybe generate
>   debian/control with debian/control.in and a target in debian/rules)
> - use update-notifier reboot notification, and also make postinst
>   message less scary

Agreed. I'm going to do that right now.

> Point 1 is certainly the most serious one. Any idea?

Yeah. /etc/modprobe.conf doesn't get updated. Thus, changes introduced
by the 'vsecurity.modprobe' file inside /etc/modprobe.d/ are not made
available. What's the right way to update it? update-modules seems not
working.

Cheers, take care!
--
Lorenzo Hernández García-Hierro <lorenzo at gnu.org>