[ubuntu-hardened] Re: [RFC] selinux-support (1.0.1) available

Lorenzo Hernández García-Hierro lorenzo at gnu.org
Fri Mar 25 12:30:42 CST 2005

El vie, 25-03-2005 a las 17:59 +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
escribió:
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 10:31:32AM -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
>
> > I haven't really done any Debian development in a year, but I think I
> > still remember much of how things work, so I'd be happy to help with any
> > integration issues you might have.  I'm sure the same is true of
> > Russell.  Posting to selinux at tycho.nsa.gov is probably your best bet.
>
>  about six/eight months ago, i worked for about four months on
>  getting debian to work with selinux (strict).
>
>  including getting udev to work (with tmpfs).
>
>  so, likewise, i'd be happy to help.

Great, there's a page on the wiki that might be a start point:
http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/SELinux
just write your name there if you want to (formerly) contribute.

By now, the "TODO" is there.

>  many of the patches are delayed until sarge is released, at which point
>  libselinux1 can be made "Required" rather than "Optional".

Right, Ubuntu Breezy (Hoary+1) is our target, and sure that we can have
many work done for it.

Then such work could get back into Debian, as in many other fields of
the project.

>  at _that_ point, the patch floodgates open, and patches to coreutils
>  etc. can be put forward.

I hope so ;)

Thanks, cheers.
--