Proposal to drop 32-bit Ubuntu GNOME support after 18.04 LTS

Nikita Yerenkov-Scott yerenkov.scott at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 17:46:17 UTC 2017

Dear Jeremy,

I just want to give my support for this. I think it is a very good thing
that so many vendors are dropping 32-bit support as it encourages a long
overdue upgrade. Otherwise some will probably never get round to upgrading.
There comes a point when you can't, and maybe even shouldn't, support all
the old versions of things, but instead encourage the use of the new ones,
or we will never move on and we'd still have horse-drawn carriage around in
the masses.

I understand that this will be hard for some, but I do think it is
necessary and has more positives than negatives. It's a good shove in the
right direction.

Kind Regards,

Nikita

The world is filled with Totoros.