3.19.x on xenial - out of date Ephy/Webkit and touchpad settings b0rked

Tim darkxst at fastmail.fm
Wed Mar 2 07:07:04 UTC 2016

Hey Michael,

On 02/03/16 17:37, Michael Gratton wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just upgraded to Xenial and GNOME 3.19 from gnome3-staging, since I'm a bleeding-edge tragic. Most things look good, except that the old
> versions of Epiphany/WebKitGTK have some serious rendering problems and touchpad setting are being ignored.
We have mainly been focusing on core apps atm (i.e. stuff that is installed by default on Ubuntu GNOME)

> The only packages available for Epiphany/WebKitGTK are out of date - 2.18.x/2.10.x, and these seem to have theme issues - certain in-page text
> and button labels are not being rendered correctly, so they are not visible at all. This makes it pretty unusable. I'm attempting at the
> moment to build a deb of webkitgtk-2.11.91 so I can build Ephy 3.19.x, to see if that fixes the problems.
If you can get working builds, send me debdiffs of the updates and I can sponsor uploads to the ppa for you ;)

> Also, the touchpad settings in gnome-control-centre are being completely ignored. None of the UI elements relating to the touchpad seem to
> have any effect on my Macbook Pro's built-in touchpad, nor my external Apple Bluetooth touchpad. Natural scrolling is not getting enabled when
> it set to On, Tap-to-click is not enabled when set or On, and disabling  the touchpad by setting it to Off does not work either. I don't know
> if this is related to the UI refresh or something else, any suggestions?
I don't have a macbook, but I will take a quick look at this on my laptop and see if its the same, when I get a chance.