[FEEDBACK] Rating Ubuntu GNOME 13.10

. dcMhOYBdpZkH at web.de
Wed Oct 23 16:39:51 UTC 2013

*update*

On 22.10.2013 18:15, . wrote:
> My issues so far with 13.10 (clean install) -- (all considering using
> gnome-session-fallback):
> 1) Keyboard layout two keys swapped (see "Problem in 13.10: Keyboard
> layout problem: Control L and Caps Lock swapped")
> 1.1) Found out I can switch this back in "Keyboard Layout Options" ->
> Where can I find this dialog window?
Have workaround (using xmodmap) but no proper fix. This is a known bug
now and is discussed.
> 2) "Arbeit Rad" (modification of Radiance) theme doesn't work with
> 13.10 (not updated yet). Where to download Radiance for testing if
> it's working with UbuntuGNOME?
> 3) The "Files" v3.8.2 (Nautilus really?) file manager still doesn't
> have the option to create a new file
Have workaround for this.
> 4) How can I remove the new keyboard selector in the task-bar?
Found it out: $ sudo apt-get remove indicator-keyboard
> 5) When I boot and was away/didn't log-in straight, when I came back I
> had to re-boot because of crash
> 6) When clicking on "Text Entry Settings" in the task-bar/"Region &
> Language" had crashed while writing this email (LOL), couldn't start
> "System Settings" either (nautilus -q didn't help, had to re-login)
7) I get random crash reports, even at startup, without doing anythig
after the login (was in 13.04 too).
There is allegedly a fix for this "System program problem detected"
problem (sudo rm /var/crash/*) but which doesn't really work.
8) gedit Text Editor doesn't have its icon in task-bar.

--
OpenPGP key: https://keyserver2.pgp.com/vkd/DownloadKey.event?keyid=0xCDDFDD67A48E0139