setting default desktop in gdm

Jonathan Nadeau j.nadeau at charter.net
Tue May 7 01:14:12 UTC 2013

Hello list,

I was wondering how do I set the default desktop in gdm? I know under
lightdm I can go to /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf

Where should I go for gdm to set the default desktop. I understand you
can do it at log in but i'm blind and gdm isn't accessible. So i need to
set it from the gdm.cond But I didn't see such a file. I did find the
greeter file but not sure how to  edit it to make the change. Also I'm
not sure if that is even the right spot. Any help is greatly
appreciated. Thanks for the great release!