GNOME Trademarks

Everaldo Canuto everaldo.canuto at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 03:05:13 UTC 2013

Hey all,

I am justing reading a little of GNOME Trademarks and Logos:

   http://live.gnome.org/Trademark <https://live.gnome.org/Trademark>
   http://live.gnome.org/BrandGuidelines<https://live.gnome.org/BrandGuidelines>

On Brand guidelines we have this text:

"Elements appropriate to the subject matter of the subproject (e.g., a
paintbrush for the GNOME Art project, a coffee cup for the GNOME Java
project) may be added within the clearspace of the GNOME foot logo. These
elements must be no more than 1/3 the size of the GNOME foot logo and must
not overwhelm the GNOME foot logo. They must also not obfuscate the 'G' of
the GNOME foot logo."

So, maybe we cant have the name GNOME on our logo since our Ubuntu is
bigger than the foot and we are limited to "1/3".

I am not an expert so, someone more can take a look and check if we can use
the name GNOME name without autorization from GNOME board?

Cheers,

--
Everaldo Canuto
+55 11 981-141-805 | everaldo.canuto at gmail.com